IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Amorph identification needed - fingers crossed!
From: santoury at aol.com on 2010.09.03 at 03:04:18(21371)
Hey guys
I need an ID on this weird-o. Please look up "titanum" on Ebay, and look at the one that "isn't." That is this plant. Today, I was looking for it, and found that it had gone dormant all of a sudden (probably dried out by mistake) - so I dug up the bulb (ha ha, sorry, I had to say bulb!) and I certainly do not think it looks like a titanum tuber. Do you?

When you see the one on Ebay, you can see that the whole plant is a solid grass green, just like my known titanums. But this tuber is very light in color, a creamy yellow/tan, and it feels like a spiky ball. You will see some of the points (three of them( in the picture. There are five all together - What is interesting though is, it only had the one leaf in the photo on Ebay. The photo of the bulb shows the color accurately, as does the ebay plant picture. (The ebay picture was taken about 3 weeks ago.)

So - I have to apologize for my classic photo-booth skills , which are dismal at best! But hopefully you'll get the idea. (It's night, the light is dim, and there's no flash on the laptop!)

Here you go! (PS, I will let the bidder know this, of course!)

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.