IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus Titanum offset?
From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2011.01.26 at 19:17:33(21826)
I bought one of your titans from you on eBay Jude. The extra leaf was just feeding the same corm and eventually fell off.. At one point in time, I had over 100 titans that I bought from EGF Orchids. It was like $50 for 10 of them. I waited for them to go dormant and sold the dormant corms and made a killing on them. I would start bidding at 99 cents and they would often got up to $70-$80. My best customers were from Europe but I digress. What Im getting at is out of those that had 2 leaves none of them had off sets. HOWEVER a few did end up having 2 corms growing in the same pot! The seeds in those cases grew to be twins was the explanation I was given as there was supposed to be only 1 seed per pot. My seeds were collected from a wild population in their native country. At the time I did it, It was just a money making venture so I sold them all.

I refuse to participate in the recession,
Erin Vincent Morano

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.