IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Miami Show and Sale
From: Shirley <shirleyk1 at aol.com> on 2013.09.24 at 02:59:13(22919)
Albert,

You were no slouch either. You were everywhere and always cheerful rather than anxious or fretful-- so thanks for excellent planning and execution.

I have thought about the tent. I think it probably is a better option for capturing the unintentional guest/buyer/new member. It seems and is more open and "strangers" can look in and get comfortable about joining the sale. I don't know how it felt for the vendors having no protected side. That would be an issue to learn from them. I think the increased floor space was better for the plants--less unintentional damage from people squeezing by. and you could step back and get a better look at them as well, prior to purchase.
While I love the looks of that upstairs ballroom, the acoustics are a bit annoying. Way too many echoes and noise that affected the presentation and the auction somewhat as we got more relaxed and a bit rowdier. I don't remember what it was like in the other room.
Kudos to our Auctioneer and his "elves." What a great job. It was fast and fun. Well done.

For my second year in a row, I had a terrific time. Neat people who like sharing info and always willing to help. And great teachers.

Thanks to all,

Shirley Kirkconnell

New Orleans

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.