IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Photos of Z. zamiifolia seeds
From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2019.10.25 at 17:44:16(24260)
Dear Walter:

I realize that what you explained was short and to the point and that you then assume that since you mentioned this in a post that it is “old” news but I can assure you that most people in the
botanical community will not have read your notes. I am hoping that you could just retrieve your messages, assemble them into order and include the pictures. It really is worthy of a short publication and I can help you assemble it for our Newsletter. If
you don’t have time to do that just capture all your notes and the images and send them to me. I can put them into order and send it back to you for your approval. Science loses a lot of information simply because little bits of information are considered
unimportant and often never get recorded. I don’t trust that information dispensed by social media will ever be cataloged and recorded.

Wuppert

Wuppertal looks wonderful on Google Earth. I especially liked the nice wooded areas around the city and the big park where there is a museum. I did not see the suspended train though. I must
have looked in sufficient detail because I am sure that it would show up. Does it go anywhere near that big park?

I was always amazed when I was in Germany how many smallish towns once sees on a single road. When I was in Bavaria I would ride out into the country from Ansbach where I was attending the US
Army Signal School-Europe on the weekend on a rented bicycle. As a farm boy it was interesting to see how different your methods of agriculture where. In those days in the little towns the farmer lived in a building above his cows. The manure was in front
and in the spring the fluid manure was carried quite appropriately the field and spread on the soil.

This year we rented a car and covered 3600 km all over southern France. I need to do the same sometime in Germany. Perhaps I will be able finally to visit your fine valley! This year in September
I visited a part of Germany not so distant from you. Hanover, Bielefeld, Stuckenbrock and Paderborn. I traveled overnight on a train from Copenhagen to Hamburg because the airline baggage handlers in Copenhagen were on strike. I went there to give lectures
for an aroid sales event sponsored by Ecuagenera.

All the best,

Tom

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.