IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: Alocasia araceae
From: "John Presnell" jcpresnell at earthlink.net> on 2001.03.24 at 17:28:20(6071)
Haven't seen the article, but sounds like what some are selling as Colocasia 'Black Marble'. Suwannee Labs is a long established aquatic plant nursery in I think, Lake City FL. Was started by Don Bryne who has some hybridized lilies to his name, but if this plant is 'Black Marble', it originated at Fl Aquatic Nursery in Ft Lauderdale. To my knowledge, both operations are wholesale only.

I should have a few pups of Black Marble in a week or so, if you are interested let me know, and when they go forth and multiply, I'll get you one. I should also add, that I have spoken with a TC lab that attempted them and there is trouble with them reverting to C. illustris....at least in TC.

Craig

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.