IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Homalomena philippinensis
Okay,

While reading that article for my S. kotoensis project, I came across a mention of yet another Aroid species present on the same island: Homalomena philippinensis. Since none of my previous sources had mentioned that one, and I had seen no pictures of it, I figured I had best rule out the possibility that I had studied it instead of S. kotoensis. So, I looked it up on the Web. Some Homalomena spp. looked reminiscent of Agalomena, but others foliar habit was too much like Schismatoglottis for comfort. But since I saw no pictures of this particular species, can someone direct me to images and/or useful descriptions? The majority of botany websites out there are nothing but lists of herbaruim specimens; only commercial nurseries deign to show images.

p.s., I have finally decided to order _The Genera of Araceae_ (it is past time!).

Jaason Hernandez

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.