IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

anthuriums from ecuador
From: Piabinha at aol.com on 2002.04.02 at 01:08:23(8403)
hey aroiders,

i'm looking for information, including cultivation tips, on the some plants i purchased at the greater ny orchid show from the portillas (ecuagenera), from ecuador. i bought: an Anth. cutucuense (ivan assured me that although it comes from high altitude, they grow it in their lower altitude nursery); an Anth. that looks like a bigger polistychum; and a betsiae-type (i couldn't find any info on betsiae). i also bought one that has very beautiful, large leaves (somewhat resembling andreanum but more corrugated and glossier) but he told me it has "insignificant" inflorescence. this will probably be hard to id. without a pic. other plants i purchased from them was a Ulearum (they had labeled it as Philodendron) and a fern (Elaphoglossum metalicum). they had other anth. and philos but i had spent way too much money by then.

incidentally, dragon agro was selling their "black" anthurium and even had one in bloom in their display. due to the lighting, it really looked like a dark blood-red spathe more than black.

tsuh yang

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.