IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Intro
From: Mattlagem at aol.com on 2002.08.01 at 04:33:19(9155)
Hello everybody, My name is Michael Mattlage and I'm relatively new to growing aroids although I've had a passion for them my entire life. I'm 29 years old and live in the upstate of South Carolina (zone 7b). I have a small, 10'x12' greenhouse where I grow most of my plants, but, since Ive caught the "aroid fever" I have outgrown this and am now setting up an aroid room in my house. I also grow alot of Colocasias, Xanthosomas and Alocasias in beds in my yard. My main interests are in the tropical genera of Araceae, with a special love of the Neotropical ones. I like anything rare and unusual (which usually means hard to get and expensive), and would like to eventually be able to collect in the wild one day.
I will be in Miami for the show in September (my first), and look forward to meeting everyone...

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.