IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] Help request for two aroids!
From: snalice at cnmnetwork.com on 2002.12.11 at 06:10:55(9706)
I have a question for anyone on the list who can help me. I have received A. yunnanensis and Ach. dalzielii
(which I can't pronounce....dal-zie-lee-eye?) seeds from Wilbert Hetterscheid (You've been very kind to me. Thank
you Wilbert.). I have tried warm/humid varieties of Amorphophallus several times and have rather failed. If
there is anyone out there who can tell me how to treat the seed from the beginning I would appreciate any help.
I have temporarily put the seed groups in almost damp sphagnum moss and inside a zip lock until I can determine
the proper thing to do. I washed the seeds with water, then placed them in the bag. I don't have warm, humid
conditions and so I will have to create them. I'm wondering if both of these plants are from this type of
climate. I don't know if I can access the archives, but I have tried this before and I'm TERRIBLE at finding
anything in there. If anyone could walk me through some preparation and planting/growing steps for these two
plants I would really appreciate it. I am also wondering if anyone has tried Hydrogen Peroxide as a fungicide.
I have instructions from a bottle of 35% Peroxide that recommends soaking seed overnight in 3% Peroxide added to
one pint water. Has anyone tried this? I think the biggest problem with these seed varities for me has been
fungus at the germination level.

Thank you for any help!
Susan Cox

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.