IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Typhonodorum lindleyanum growing
From: "Lengyel Ferenc" Ferenc.Lengyel at aok.pte.hu> on 2006.03.20 at 10:54:50(13980)
Hello to all,
I would like to ask if someone has any experience in growing Typhonodorum
lindleyanum. I had some of this plant (grown from seed), but they had perished. My first
question is, that how should they look like when young. My ones had very long petioles
and small leaves, though I had given them plenty of artificial light (plant light type
fluorescent tubes). Some were given sunlight in an eastern window.
My other question is about spider mites. This plant is very sensitive to spider mites, and
these little creatures killed all my Typhonodorums. I'm expecting to receive new seeds
of Typhonodorum, so I need an efficient method to fight spider mites. Does anybody
know an online supplier of eggs of predatoty mites (such as Phytoseiulus persimilis)
that can ship to Hungary?
Regards
Ferenc

+More
From: "Allan Tetzlaff" atetzlaff at rogers.com> on 2006.03.21 at 10:01:26(13983)
I have not dealt with this company before, but
check them out...

http://www.biconet.com/biocontrol/persimilis.html

Allan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.