IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Amorphophallus is Turning Brown
From: Ken Mosher <ken at spatulacity.com> on 2015.08.05 at 14:01:31(23451)
Travis, after visiting your post on gardenweb I see that you have identified the plant correctly *and* that you have identified the possible disease as love bites from your geese. You got the plant for a good price; congratulations on that! stevelau1911 posted photos of his A. konjacs and some other species and thought your A. paeoniifolius looked chlorotic. His observation is incorrect, your paeoniifolius is well within the common coloration for that plant. Just give it plenty of fertilizer with trace minerals and you should be fine.

One note on the fertilizer, I usually use one with a lower value for nitrogen. They only grow one leaf (usually) and it can only get so big, so high nitrogen levels are unnecessary. The goal is for your tuber to be bigger at the end of the season than it was at the beginning. If my fellow aroid-l members disagree on the fertilizer recommendation please correct me.

-Ken

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM, wrote:

HTML

+More

From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter at xs4all.nl> on 2015.08.07 at 12:45:45(23454)
I dunno if anyone answered but it sure looks like slug damage (typically superficial).

W. (ilbert)

Van: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] Namens travissward4@gmail.com

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.