IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] Let the buyers beware.
From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2004.07.26 at 09:31:15(11818)
Dear All,
Just a note to friends on this list who patronize the 'auction' sites on the web to purchase plants, let the buyer beware!
Recently there have been some offerings of aroids that are in reality not what they are advertized to be, seemingly deliberately misidentified species, and plants advertised as being 'exceedingly rare', etc. that are in fact readily available from many sources at 1/4 the starting price put on them on these sites. That is not to say that there are some good and rare offerings of seeds and some rare collected plants that are being offered, my warning is about those others, I guess 'know your source' would be a good way to put it. If anyone has doubts about a pending or a purchase being considered, I guess you can ask about the quality on this and other lists, maybe you will save yourself a lot of wasted $$.
I have tried to contact these sites directly (with assistance other friends on these lists) to inform them of this form of what I percieve as a fraud, but the sites do not allow comment from anyone who does or has not bought plants or items from these sites. Amazing!
Good Luck!
Julius Boos
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.