IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] great Photos from Joep Moonen!
From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2009.01.26 at 17:08:17(18987)
Dear Steve,

Aloha.

I started seeing Anthurium similar to your first photo in Minas Gerais, Bra zil, many years ago. I suspected then that these were hybrids. I have sin ce seen other such plants in collections under various names that are not o fficially recognized. I grow something very similar to the plant illustrat ed, but I do not assign it any name. Mine has the velvety black black-gree n blades of several species...ie. Anthurium magnificum, etc. The lateral l obes are present, but I do not know where this characteristic comes from. Perhaps someone with hybridizing experience can enlighten the forum on this.

Now. There is an Anthurium being sold out there called Anthurium chamberla inii...another unofficial name, if I am not mistaken. It is quite a beauty with deep red new growth and a tulip form inflorescence. I suspect this i s a hybrid...but, someone with more hybridization experience should comment . This comment is a tangent on the subject, not an identification on the s econd photo.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.