IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids in the Movies
From: hermine <hermine at endangeredspecies.com> on 2009.02.12 at 17:24:22(19087)
I too tend to take note of plants used as back-drops in movies, and amamazed at the Sabal palms in Viet Nam, and all the cultivated palmspecies, vining Monstera and Philodendron, Alocasias and other genera ofaroids, etc. which seem so very common, even feral on all these many filmsets! :--)

many of the big movie lots maintain something which looks like aHome Depot plant selection and use it to flesh out a "habitat"without asking anyone if these plants really COULD be there, which causesgreat rage among the plant nuts, i gotta tell you, we are collectively ahot blooded group.

There is a nice pot of Sansevierias on a kitchen table in RAGINGBULL.

i hope you are allowing for the wonderful California influenced fabricswith the HUGE Monsteras and big inflorescences of aroids all over theplace. it made its way to Brooklyn, WE HAD THIS on our sofas. nothinglike split leaf Monstera draperies to give a home that periodlook.

hermine

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.