IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] New aroid in western Australia? Typhonium on the
From: Deni Bown <denibown at googlemail.com> on 2011.01.24 at 19:39:22(21802)
Thank you Wilbert for a lucid & most interesting low-down on the systematics of Typhonium, with the added bonus as always of your humour. I remember trying to sort this out in my account of Typhonium, Sauromatum, Lazarum & Theriphonum when I revised "Aroids - Plants of the Arum Family" way back in the late 1990s (it was published in 2000). With more luck more than foresight, I subtitled the section on Lazarum versus Typhonium as "The Rise and Fall of Lazarum". If there were another revision (remote possibility with all this e-communication), I would have to re-name the section "The Rise and Fall and Rise Again of Lazarum" or, in a hypothetical post-taxonomic world, rename the genus Phoenix.......

Still lurking, now in the bush in Nigeria where there are remarkably few aroids. Where did I go wrong?

Deni Bown

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.