IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris
From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway at yahoo.com> on 2013.07.04 at 19:39:45(22851)
I've grown Dracunculus v. for about 40 years here in Canby, Oregon, USA, zone 7B or 8 (depending on whatever). Our winters vary from cool and wet to cold and wet. One winter it got down to 7 deg. F. In all of this, I've done nothing to (or for) them. Leave them in the ground all year. No fertilizer. No sprays. Nothing. They are growing under a Japanese maple so they get filtered sunlight all day and they get some water when the irrigation comes on 3 times a week during the summer. They emerge in early Spring, flower in mid-summer, and die back in the Fall. I should probably divide them because they've been in this particular location for about 15 years and the individual plants are not as large or as vigorous as they used to be. They seem to do well for
me if I just ignore them.

Sheldon Hatheway

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.