IAS on Facebook
IAS on Instagram
|Roy Herold's Arisaema Pages Archive is hosted by the International Aroid Society|
The Hetterscheid Collection
Photogaphs taken by Wilbert Hetterscheid of arisaemas growing in his collection in the Netherlands.
Updated April 26, 1999.
Unidentified species from the A. balansae alliance, from northern Thailand. Check out the YELLOW spathe.
- Arisaema bockii
"According to Arisaema specialist dr. Jin Murata, this plant represents Arisaema bockii. They are certainly what Pampanini published as Ar.engleri. Murata puts Ar. engleri as a synonym to Ar. bockii. In that case, this plant is a purple form of Ar. bockii." W. Hetterscheid, 4/20/99
"According to Arisaema specialist Dr. Jin Murata, this plant represents Arisaema bockii. Guy Gusman thinks it is Ar. amurense, looking like Korean forms of this species he himself collected. Whatever it is, it seems to be a green form of the purple spathed Ar. bockii/engleri elsewehere on this page. Murata doesn't agree with Gusman's opinion that this is Ar. amurense but has yet to explain why. Gusman thinks Ar. bockii cannot be reprresented by this plant for several reasons. It all boils down to a taxonomic interpretation of the rather incomplete holotype specimen of Ar. bockii." W. Hetterscheid, 4/20/99
- Arisaema consanguineum From Hong Kong (H.AR.107)
- Arisaema consanguineum From Mt. Omei, Sichuan Province, China
Collected by C. Teune. Compare to CT369 in the Sino-Himalayan section.
- Arisaema fargesii A particularly nice pot with four inflorescences. Formerly listed incorrectly as Arisaema franchetianum.
- Arisaema cf. filiforme Unidentified purple spathed species from Malaysia. Close to, and perhaps identical with, A. filiforme.
- Arisaema limbatum May 1996 (H.AR. ?) Inflorescence only; leaves just starting to emerge.
- Arisaema thunbergii
- Arisaema tortuosum
- Arisaema sahyadricum (H.AR. 152)
- Arisaema roxburghii From Malaysia (H.AR. 110)
Arisaema griffithii. Form with verrucose stems, formerly known as A. griffithii f. verrucosum. May 1996 (H.AR.148)
Arisaema griffithii. (H.AR.283)
- Arisaema yunnanense