IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

aroids
From: jbauer at concordnc.com on 1999.11.30 at 22:57:10(3887)
Hi Aroiders,
I recently came across this page of rare plants of Arisaema, Asarum,
etc. Very nice photos.
http://www.asiatica-pa.com/

+More
Hello this is Brian Williams. Here is a list of aroids I have to trade with.
I am looking for any aroids I do not have. Here is my site to see what I
already have.
+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.10.23 at 22:25:09(16595)
I just got a private note indicating there may be some that may not be comfortable with an aroid forum on UBC. If so, I'll drop the idea.

But the discussions are already going on and have been going on for over a year. Right now they typically fall under a heading called "Hort Board" since there is no place to post questions about aroids. I was asked by another user of Aroid l if we could do this since that person posts regularly on UBC. And I thought it was an excellent way to attract people to aroids. I have been pushing Aroid l on that board for well over a year. I think Steve can attest we've picked up two new members on Aroid l, one of which just signed up today. But if any of you feel it is detrimental to Aroid l, or IAS, just send me a note and I'll drop it. But you should know, the discussions are going on already and have been going on for quite some time. Many people log on and ask questions about Anthurium, Philodendron and other genus because UBC is picked up and ranked high by Google. Everytime we talk about an aroid that discussion is on the first page of Google the very next day. All that was suggested was the UBC foru
m put a header up for people wanting to ask questions about aroids instead of putting them in the generic forums.

My goal is solely to attract people to aroids, Aroid l, and IAS.

Steve Lucas

+More
From: ecuador10 at comcast.net (Betsy Feuerstein) on 2007.10.24 at 00:07:21(16596)
Steve, my comment was not pro or con a forum at UBC. My point was to let the board make the decision and then things stay on the up and up. Had they said OK, and I think they might have, then there would have been none of this consternation. Look, there are people who will like or dislike whatever you propose normally especially on a forum. It is not for those on the forum to decide in this case, it is the duty of the board to make such decisions. They could have done this with little bad feelings because it would have been private no matter what they decided. Public forums are terrible places to put choices up to in my opinion. Often the members see it as their choice and in this case, it is not their choice unless the board decides to let it go that way and I doubt they would go their. I know your intent was to be gracious and helpful, but sometimes, better to let others carry the heat in private. I suspect you may have gotten drift of that.

Betsy

+More
From: agavestar at covad.net (Michael Mahan) on 2007.10.24 at 00:18:05(16597)
Put a link into every post to aroid l & the IAS that should keep everyone
happy

.. front page of google is priceless !!!

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.