IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

  do you know what they are.
From: Pugturd at aol.com on 2000.03.07 at 19:01:33(4176)
Hello this is Brian Williams. I have just got some aroids in the mail this
week that look very unusual. Here is a list. If any one can tell me anything
about them besides they are aroids and have big leafs please do. THANKS Also
the Colocasia listed is said to be very interesting and rare??

Alocasia Kira

+More
From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo at email.msn.com> on 2000.03.08 at 14:47:35(4182)
Dear Brian,
Have NO idea what these are---where did they come from??
Sometimes folks make up names, hope not in your case!! Let us know what
the leaves of the Colocasia look like!!
Cheers,
Julius

+More
From: Neil Carroll zzamia at hargray.com> on 2000.03.08 at 19:35:52(4189)
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pugturd@aol.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L
> Date: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 10:01 PM
> Subject: do you know what they are.
>
>
> Dear Brian,
> Have NO idea what these are---where did they come from??
> Sometimes folks make up names, hope not in your case!! Let us know what
> the leaves of the Colocasia look like!!
> Cheers,
> Julius
>
> >Hello this is Brian Williams. I have just got some aroids in the mail
this
> week that look very unusual. Here is a list. If any one can tell me
anything
> about them besides they are aroids and have big leafs please do. THANKS
Also
> the Colocasia listed is said to be very interesting and rare??
>
> Alocasia Kira
> Colocasia mutant "Cobarde"
> Xanthosoma Jacquinii 'Lindinii
> Xanthosoma Jacquinii 'Lindinii Blanca
> Xanthosoma Jacquinii 'Lindinii lila
> Xanthosoma Jacquinii 'Lindinii amarillo(yellow)
> Xanthosoma Saggatifolia 'Palmera'

Could you be talking about Caladium lindenii?? Name changed a few years
back.

neil

+More
From: Pugturd at aol.com on 2000.03.08 at 19:36:47(4190)
As for the Colocasia I just got. I think the guy said that the leafs has
purple spots and other colors on the leaf?

From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo at email.msn.com> on 2000.03.09 at 16:45:03(4198)
----- Original Message -----
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: do you know what they are.

+More
From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo at email.msn.com> on 2000.03.09 at 16:46:43(4199)
>As for the Colocasia I just got. I think the guy said that the leafs has
purple spots and other colors on the leaf?<

It may be one w/ a yellow area along the main veins, let me know.
Cheers,
Julius

From: Pugturd at aol.com on 2000.03.10 at 19:35:57(4202)
I would love to get the Colocasia with the yellow in the center. I hope it is
that one!! I talked to the lady that had it on the ID page and she answered
me once and said she was trying to put it in tissue culture and sell it?
After that I tried to talk to her with no answer. I really like that plant!!!!

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.