IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

same amorph problem, different season.
From: mburack at mindspring.com on 2001.04.25 at 14:01:37(6267)
I was wondering if anybody has had a chronic problem with Amorphs like me.

For some reason certain plants (assorted species) I have go through some kind of problem every year and I cannot seem to solve it.

What happens is, the tips of the leaflets basically turn black..then later turn to a almost crispy brown. This tends to continue until the leaf has been basically destroyed.

Here are a couple of other facts:

-This happens to some plants that are in full shade and others that are in heavy direct sun.

-My first theory was over fertilization, so I have only fed once this season at HALF recommended strength.

-I also believed it could be fungus, so when this kind of thing happened last year, I sprayed with PHYTON-27 (a powerful systemic funcgicide) with no success.

-I always think it is a water thing, but we have been in a drought in Florida, and I have let these pots dry out to arid levels before watering again.

If anyone has ANY thoughts they would be appreciated....wondering though......could it be a "pH" problem???????

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.