IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium growing pains
From: Durightmm at aol.com on 2001.10.09 at 03:24:40(7573)
While most genera at this time are in decline some are at their peak. For example cardiolonchiums, for this southwest Florida grower, are vibrant and in flower as are other genera such as non aroid megakapasma. While I have no scientific supporting data for this I suspect it is in part due to the sun. I also suspect these species are responding to influences from their nativity. For example are they responding to a spring like atmosphere?. There is a very narrow window where for a moment neither spring nor fall is readily descernable for we humans so surely plants could be far more sensitive to nuances of change. Anthuriums have for me always shown a capacity to grow as they will and makes tending them an ongoing learning experience. Joe.

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.