IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Missing Lasioids from Fairchild Gdns., Miami
From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2004.06.12 at 14:11:44(11614)
Dear Friends,
A quick note to see if there is anyone out there who can perhaps help me solve a mystery---a couple years ago I gave some rare, wild-collected Urospathas to the then Curator of aroids at Fairchild Gardens in Miami, my friend Craig Allen. Some may recall my note to this list saying how amazed I was when I saw the plants the following year in such good shape. More recently when the news got out of Craig`s departure from Fairchild, I asked a good friend in Miami with close ties to Fairchild if he could be so kind as to locate these plants, as I had hoped to request their return to me as no one there as far as I knew had an interest in this group of plants. He did a dilegent search, but there is no sign of these distinctive plants, nor others in that family that I know were there, such as some hybrid Cyrtospermas, plants of C. cuspidispathum, Lasia spinosa, etc., not even their empty pots. labels, etc which sho!
uld have been easy to locate---these were substantial plants!
Does anyone 'out there' have ANY information on where these plants might have gotten to or who might have been given them???
Good Growing!
Julius Boos,
WPB,
Florida.

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.