IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Cyrtosparma seed.
From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2004.08.08 at 19:09:27(11945)
Dear Folks,
I expect to soon have a limited number of fresh, viable seeds of Cyrtosperma cuspidispathum for distribution. Let me begin by letting you know that this plant does NOT tollerate ANY cold, lower than 65 deg. F., or even above that but w/ a little wind, goodby! It likes temps. of 80-90 degs.F. all year, it also must be grown in partial shade in a protected place with little or no wind, it will also tear its huge, beautiful leaves apart in any kind of breeze. This is perhaps the most attractive and one of the largest species in the genus Cyrtosperma, plants can reach around 2.5 mts (7 ft +-) tall, it bears a meter-long narrow, all-black spathe. It is the cover-illustration on Dr. A Hay`s wonderful book (available from the IAS), Aroids of Papua New Guinea, and is also shown (leaf) in a couple color photos within the book.
PLEASE don`t ask for seed if you feel you do not have the conditions necessary for growing this plant. The parent plant is from wild-collected seed from Panang, collected by a Australian friend Arden Dearden, seed grown to an adult, now-fruiting plant by another friend here in Florida.
Depending on how many seed vs. requests I may receive, I will do my best to send a few to whoever wants them. Reply/write ONLY to my private mail address, all replys to aroid-l probably will be trashed. It is---
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.