IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

potting mixes con't
From: Kyle Baker kylefletcherbaker at yahoo.com> on 2005.12.19 at 13:05:16(13627)
Well as one of the newbie novices with only 8 small plants, I've found this thread both informational and confusing, I'm sure I must have deleted some posts by mistake as I don't recall seeing alot of discussion on different mixes. Heck learning that the Amorph. tubers someone sent me from holland would grow in winter instead of summer like my "rivierii" was an eye opener...so they all went into 3" pots as they were rather small, and all came up and aphids infested everylast one, and I've been dealing with them slowly but surely. For soil mix I use an organic composted soil from Coast of Maine, with additional bark, perlite, and eggshell thrown in. Just because thats what I'd presume the native soil structure of where their from to be close to. Fertilizer is another story, I've settled on Dynagro 7-9-5 finally as it seems to be the best at half strength e
very
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.