IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Help please
From: "Gary Gossett" Gary at terranovanurseries.com> on 2006.01.13 at 20:09:53(13690)
Title: Help please

Hi, I am trying to track down a Philodendron name. Glasshouse Works had a clone tagged 'Spargatus', a name which does not come up on the web but 'Spartacus' does on one old ebay auction and on the aroid name list. It looks like a darker, larger Pink Princess. A picture is being posted by Albert Huntington at http://www.aroid.org/gallery/egger/Philodendron_Sparagus.jpg

Does anyone know this plant? This name? Is the name correct?

Thanks for any help.

Gary Gossett

+More
From: "Sherry Gates" TheTropix at msn.com> on 2006.01.14 at 01:28:10(13693)
Hi Gary, I just joined Aroid-l, and today your question was in my e-mail. When I read about the P. 'Spart(g)atus', I looked for it, too, like you did. I also couldn't find either of them anywhere. Looking at the picture you sent brought up a question I've been wondering about too. I have several Pink Princess Plants that have come from a few different sources, and some that came from one place are VERY dark and the leaves are definitely larger than the others. The stems and most leaves are almost black they're so dark. The stems have rich, deep pink striations and the leaves have some pink flecks in them. One of them is opening a new leaf that is 100% pink! The leaf immediately before it is one of the almost black ones! I don't know if they're just different variations or "sport" types of Pink Princess. They were, however, sold to me as "Pink Princess". I'm going to send you a picture of two of mine, the dark one, and a more 'conventiona
+More
From: Neil Crafter golfstra at senet.com.au> on 2006.01.14 at 02:40:41(13694)
Looks just like Pink Princess to me.
This has always been a disappointing plant for me - it never seems to grow well and the variegation seems inherently unstable. A tissue cultured plant that should have stayed there!
cheers Neil

Neil Crafter

+More
From: "Abrimaal" abrimaal at wp.pl> on 2006.01.15 at 13:40:40(13704)
Title: Help please

I think it's 'Pink Princess'

----- Original Message -----

+More
From: hermine hermine at endangeredspecies.com> on 2006.01.15 at 18:58:16(13705)
At 05:40 AM 1/15/2006, Abrimaal wrote:
I
think it's 'Pink
Princess'
I vote for PINK PRINCESS too.
hermine

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.