IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Nephthytis afzelii
From: "Ágoston János" agoston.janos at citromail.hu> on 2006.02.28 at 15:52:58(13900)
Dear All,I received a packet of 2 Nephthytis afzelii seeds. Whatshall I do with it? Does anyone have some tips for care and cultivation? I would appriciate any help and information!Regards,Jani

+More
From: Geoffrey Kibby Geoffaroid at aol.com> on 2006.03.01 at 08:11:32(13901)
Dear Jani,I have grown many Nephthytis from seed. If they still have the orange seed coat around the seed then put the entire berry in the soil and keep warm and moist. Germination is very slow, often many weeks but is almost 100 percent with this method. Removing the orange seed coat seems to reduce the germination rate!Regards,Geoffrey KibbyOn 28 Feb 2006, at 15:52, ?goston J?nos wrote:Dear All,I received a packet of 2 Nephthytis afzelii seeds. Whatshall I do with it? Does anyone have some tips for care and cultivation? I would appriciate any help and information!Regards,Jani _________________________________________ UTAZ?S KI?LL?T?S - D?SZVEND?G HORV?TORSZ?G!Horv?torsz?g legnagyobb online utaz?si irod?ja, az Adriatica.net szeretettel v?rja vend?geit az Utaz?s Ki?ll?t?son! R?szletek?rt klikk ide!_______________________________________________Aroid-l mailing listAroid-l@gizmoworks.comhttp://www.gizmoworks.com/mailman/listinfo/aroid-l =
From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo at msn.com> on 2006.03.01 at 10:39:55(13902)
Reply-To : Discussion of aroids
Sent : Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:52 PM
To : Discussion of aroids
Subject : [Aroid-l] Nephthytis afzelii

Dear Jani,

Clean off the fruit-covering from the BIG seeds using water, then place the
seeds about 1/2 covered on a well draining 'jungle mix' soil (or make one w/
chopped sphagnum or peat moss, coarse sand, decomposing oak leaves, mix in a
little fungicide). Keep the pot just 1/2 full with the soil mix so that
you can cover the top w/ clear plastic wrap with holes punched in it for
GOOD air circulation, keep them moist and watered and in a warm, well-lit
place .

Julius

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.