IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Trademark Names, $$$, and information dispersal
From: Don Martinson LLmen at wi.rr.com> on 2006.11.28 at 03:08:29(14868)
Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Trademark Names, $$$, and information dispersal

On 11/27/06 2:47 AM, "Agoston Janos" wrote:

Dear Tony,
I also do not urderstand if it is derived from O. triangularis why don't they use the proper name. This is the most annoying from all.

Dear Jani,

I would guess it is because that for the larger, production nurseries (unlike PDN), their primary concern is skewed towards
the financial, being somewhat less concerned what a plant is properly called than the price for which it can be sold.

However, all is not lost! Because of the Internet and organizations such as the International Aroid Society and others, we are
able to do a bit of research on our own to attempt to confirm the proper identity of our plants. We can even speak directly with World Authorities
such as Wilbert Hetterscheid , Julius Boos, and other too numerous to name (=cop out for not being able to remember all of your name

I own a business. A bar and restaurant, if you must know. In rehabbing a nearly 100 year old bar, I opened up the large, south facing windows
with which the building was originally constructed. I specifically constructed an 18 inch shelf on which I could display some my more interesting and bizzare
plants.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.