IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

It's not Julius but...
From: Susan B <honeybunny442 at yahoo.com> on 2006.12.11 at 02:35:38(14905)
Someone was asking for a photo of the Cyrtosperma...

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.Attachment:
P9200017.JPG

+More
From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2006.12.11 at 04:20:41(14907)
Reply-To : Discussion of aroids
Sent : Monday, December 11, 2006 2:35 AM
To : Aroid L
Subject : [Aroid-l] It's not Julius but...

Attachment : P9200017.JPG (0.06 MB)

It looks like David Bache, and I do believe that the plant is the huge
Cyrtosperma johnstonii that USED to be in a pot in the fishpond just inside
the doors to the Rare Plant house at Fairchild, right Susan??

Thanks for the Photo of the A. paeoniifolius at the 2004 show too!

Julius

+More
From: Susan B <honeybunny442 at yahoo.com> on 2006.12.11 at 16:08:46(14914)
It's my husband Harry, and you're right, it was taken at Fairchild. What is there now??I know I've seen a photo of you at the same spot, maybe I even took it! But must have been on film...SusanPS. I found some better photos of the A. paeoniifolius (With Tricia, Reggie, and Albert). If anyone wants to see them, email me off list and I'll send them to you.susan
Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates._______________________________________________
Aroid-l mailing list
+More
From: "Alistair Hay" <ajmhay at hotmail.com> on 2006.12.13 at 04:17:41(14926)
That certainly was a very fine glasshouse specimen, but it was completely dwarfed by one at Bogor Botanic Garden growing in a small pond which was, as I observed there early one morning some years ago, used as a latrine by people on their way to work!! The same pond, if I remember correctly, where the until recently only known Lasia concinna plant had survived on that wholesome diet :-)

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.