IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Hard to find Amorphophallus
From: kamstone88 at yahoo.com (Kameron Kissinger) on 2007.10.14 at 03:18:16(16487)
Hi, I'm new to the forum and need help... I'm a college student and have only been growing plants for about 5 years and I'm completely addicted to Aroids! I especially enjoy Amorphophallus and Alocasia, which is were my problem comes in to play. I have a nice collection of both species but i want to expand my collection, and it seems that no one really sells the more hard to find species of either group... i don't know where to look. I am a college kid so i can't spend a lot of money importing a rare plant ( i wish i could) so I'm coming to the experts asking for advice... Does anyone have a place where i could get some semi-rare Amorphophallus? the only place i can remember selling these type of plants was worldwidetropicals but they closed. I'm looking for species like Lambii, Hirtus, Maxwellii, tinekeae, johnsonii, hirsutus, muelleri, Nanus, Napiger, ect. Help!?

---------------------------------
Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

+More
From: jmdeluca05 at earthlink.net (jmdeluca05 at earthlink.net) on 2007.10.14 at 23:24:05(16493)
Hi Kameron,

Welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat as you, but even if you have the money to import rarer species, the trick is finding them. I don't get into amorphophallus' too much, but I love Alocasias. I'm stuck now trying to expand my collection beyond what can mostly be found on the market.....and I'm not having much luck.

Good luck with your hunt!
Martina

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.