IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Aroids at So Cal conservatories
From: rozgold at pacbell.net (Rosalind Gold) on 2007.11.16 at 02:37:26(16701)
Friends:

I'm pretty much a lurker on this list (I have just a small collection of houseplant-type aroids), but I very much enjoy the discussions. I was interested to see that some of my fellow Southern Californians are on the list, and I wanted to find out what folks thought of the aroid collections - and plants in general - growing at two of our area's conservatories. I've been to the Balboa Park Botanical Building in San Diego, but I haven't yet been to the Huntington Garden''s Conservatory in San Marino.

For folks who have been to both, how do you think the aroid collections compare? From just looking at the Huntington's website, I got the impression that the collection is pretty small, but recent posts suggest that the conservatory is definitely worth a visit.

thanks all!

-Roz, in Culver City

+More
From: exotics at hawaii.rr.com (Windy Aubrey) on 2007.11.16 at 07:47:45(16703)
Roz, and every other 'Aroid Freak' within SOCA,

Jump in da car!

Seriously Roz, you're only a hop, skip and a jump from NIRVANA.
You could be there in less than 1 hour. How lucky are you!

Let us know your opinion of the HBG.
I'm sure you will be impressed.

Windy

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.