IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium hookeri -Melbourne
From: donbit121 at hotmail.com (Don Bittel) on 2007.12.14 at 04:51:03(16821)
Hi Jeremy,
Your pictures look just like anth. wagnerianus, which seeds itself with purple berries having white bases. A nice veiny leaf. Do take a picture of the new leaf before it uncurls. True hookeri will have just one curl, one side wrapped around the other. All pachyneurium types will have two curls, with each side wrapped around itself, like a figure 8 in cross section. I find it too hard to remember if convolute or involute means 1 or 2 curls. So, if your plant has 2 curls, it is probably wagnerianus.

Don Bittel

+More
From: donbit121 at hotmail.com (Don Bittel) on 2007.12.14 at 13:43:47(16824)
Jeremy,
CORRECTION: Your pictures look like anth. fendleri, not wagnerianum. that's the problem of replying to emails late at night without checking the books first. Sorry for any confusion.

Don Bittel

+More
From: gartenbaureisenberger at web.de (Helmut Reisenberger) on 2007.12.21 at 09:28:46(16847)
Hi Don,
As a European collector and commercial grower of a wide variaty of Anthuriums and other rare aroids, I once looked up Anthurium wagnerianus (or wagnerianum)
in "Tropicos". I have got no result until I found out, the right taxom is "Anthurium wagenerianum". This might be of interest for you and all aroiders.
Merry Christmas
Helmut Reisenberger

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.