IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Philodendron camposportoanum
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.02.08 at 19:58:06(17050)

There is a small Philodendron from Brazil, Bolivia, and portions of Colombia, Venezuela and the southern tip of Guiana known to science as Philodendron camposportoanum. Little can be found in scientific material, at least not in English. The information furnshed by Dr. Croat indicates the plant is primarily a ground cover but is also capable of climbing. The part I am interested in is the bicolorous variations apparently found in the leaf blade. As the plant matures the blades totally change their shape and develop lobes rougly equal to the length of the blade. The blades apparently don't exceed 20cm (roughly 7.75 inches). Apparently some are deep green while others contain a mixture of rust reds. The specimen I am growing has the rust red mixture. If you grow this plant and have seen it climb, or have noticed the color variations, I would appreciate your feedback. Here's a link to what I've found so far.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Phil...anum%20pc.html

Photos of your color variations would also be appreciated.

Steve Lucas

+More
From: ju-bo at msn.com (ju-bo at msn.com) on 2008.02.09 at 20:31:03(17059)
> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:58:06 -0600
> Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron camposportoanum

Dear Steve,

Nicely done page!

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.02.10 at 00:43:22(17062)
Well, thanks Julius! Your approval is as valuable as they come!! But I did have some help. In fact, I always have some help. And help from the aroid community is what has made everything on the ExoticRainforest site work!

Steve

+More
From: hermine at endangeredspecies.com (hermine) on 2008.02.14 at 08:06:56(17068)
At 11:58 AM 2/8/2008, you wrote:
>There is a small Philodendron from Brazil, Bolivia, and portions of
>Colombia, Venezuela and the southern tip of Guiana known to science
>as Philodendron camposportoanum. Little can be found in scientific
>material, at least not in English. The information furnshed by Dr.
>Croat indicates the plant is primarily a ground cover but is also
>capable of climbing. The part I am interested in is the bicolorous
>variations apparently found in the leaf blade.

THIS IS ONE CHOICE AND GORGEOUS PLANT!

hermine

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.