IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium plowmanii
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.02.14 at 16:53:16(17069)
I'm curious if any of you have good photos of Anthurium plowmanii? I just finished the page on this species and got good photos from both Enid Offolter at Natural Selections Exotics and LariAnn Garner of Aroidia Research but since there are so many variations in this plant I'd love to have a few more good ones to add to the page to illustrate variation. My specimen came directly from Dr. Croat and was donated to IAS for sale at the 2007 IAS aroid show in Miami. At this time it is still young, my guess would be around 2 years old and it hasn't fully filled out as Anthurium plowmanii is known to do. According to Dr. Croat's scientific treatment the plant produces leaves close to 2 meters (over 6 feet) in nature.

Here's the link to the new page, but if you've got good photos, especially of a spathe and spadix, I'd really like to be able to consider them. You can post them here and specify I have your permission to use them or send them directly to my email address which can be found at the bottom of the homepage of my website.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20plowmanii%20pc.html

Thanks!

Steve Lucas

+More
From: growit7 at windstream.net (Tere Baber) on 2008.02.16 at 19:45:15(17071)
Did you google it or check ecuag.
----- Original Message -----
+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.02.16 at 20:44:15(17072)
I Google species all the time. The major problem is probably 70% or more of the photos on Google aren't what the individual that posted thinks they are. That is a major reason there is so much confusion with plant species. I always ask Dr. Croat, Julius, Leland, Russ Hammer and several others who know their stuff to give their opinion before I accept any ID on a plant photo. Would be nice if everyone got it posted with the right name, but it just doesn't happen that way. The major problem is I'm not going to grab a photo off the net and reuse it without permission from the owner. Any of you who've read my long ramblings about photo copyright understand my position on that subject already. The group on Aroid l includes some of the best growers around! Better to ask permission this way than to just "borrow" the photo and hope for the best.

Steve

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.