IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

seeking unusual specimens
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.03.05 at 14:54:09(17126)
I am trying to locate a source for three unusual aroids:

Rhaphidophora graeffei from Samoa
Rhaphidophora guamensis from Guam
Philodendron longilaminatum from eastern Brazil

The first two are scandent climbers that are endemic only to the locations named. I have not even been able to find a photo of these species, so if any of you have them, know of a source or have a photo, please post it. I'm told the first two are in the collection of the Kew in London but not being an accredited organization I dare not ask for cuttings. I will gladly purchase or trade for any of the three.

Thanks!

Steve Lucas

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.03.05 at 15:00:18(17127)
A followup on my request:
I am aware that Rhaphidophora guamensis does not show up on any official list. I'm not certain if the name I have is a misspelling or one that is not yet officially published. If any of you know anything on these, please let me know.

Steve

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.