IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

blooming Titanum at Basement
From: fzeren at aol.com (fzeren at aol.com) on 2008.04.27 at 19:57:37(17473)

Attached picture is my second blooming A. Titanum located at my restaurant basement (Summit, NJ). It has 2 to 3 weeks to go to get full size. Hopely everything will be OK.

I just wanted to clearify one thing: I got an email from one of our members saying that my postings are misleading the members because memebers think that I grew these blooming tubers from seeds at my restaurant basement. Although I never said in my post, My tubers are mature tubers (8 years old, ranging from 51 lb to 129 lb, I have 4 of them), purchased from another collector. I just stored my dormant tubers at the basement, and after aproximately 5 months they started to bloom under artificial lights and humid/warm enviromental conditions. Entire purpose of posting my pictures is to share my excitement with many people who are intersted in this magnisificant plant.
In short, I did not grow them at the basement, they are just blooming at the basement.
Any person like to see my plants are welcomed.
Zeren

+More
From: walterg at nauticom.net (Walter Greenwood) on 2008.04.27 at 23:54:58(17477)
What I really want to know is: Will the restaurant be open for the
duration? ;-)

WG

+More
From: sparky4114 at mac.com (Thom Powell) on 2008.04.28 at 00:42:59(17478)
If you don't mind me asking ..... what does a mature tuber of Titanum
cost? and how available are they? Where do you put the plant when
it's in leaf form?
+More
From: fzeren at aol.com (fzeren at aol.com) on 2008.04.28 at 10:50:08(17483)
Yes,
Exhaust fan of kitchen (large hood) sucks the smell which lasted 1 to 2 days when first one bloomed 2 months ago. There is constant air circulation.
Zeren

+More
From: fzeren at aol.com (fzeren at aol.com) on 2008.04.28 at 10:57:23(17484)
I cant say what I paid. They were 1/2 gift, 1/2 sale type deal from a friend? who is also collector. I? personally dont know sale of mature Titanum tubers, never heard it. Usually donated to botanical gardens etc.
Zeren

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.