IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

"Jim" Enck has passed.
From: ju-bo at msn.com (ju-bo at msn.com) on 2008.05.25 at 17:05:25(17614)
Dear Friends,

An old friend and long-time aroid fanatic has passed away after a long battle with heart problems. Warren ("Jim") Enck died after a short stay in Hospice on May 11th (Mother`s day) at 11.00 P.M.
Jim lived with his wonderful and loving wife Loretta near to my home in W.P.B., and was a great friend to all aroid growers in this area and in many parts of the World. Here in W.P.B. Charlie McDaniel and Bobby Mc Gehe were his good friends, as were Tom Croat of MOBOT, Joep Moonen of Emerald Jungle Village in French Guyana, and many other aroid growers and collectors. During Wilbert Hetterschied`s very first visit to the U.S.A, we all visited Jim and his collection, afterward having an aroid-based lunch at my home.
Jim had the gift of an aroid "green thumb", and I would pass on to him cuttings which looked dead or near-death, only to receive a call from old Jim a few months later--- "Hey man, come pick up your plants, they are growing out of their pots".
He shared freely of plants in his collection with any who asked.
He will be sadly missed by his many friends, his wife and family, but he is now at peace.

Julius Boos

+More
From: honeybunny442 at yahoo.com (Susan B) on 2008.05.25 at 21:28:38(17620)
Lovely remarks, Julius. My condolences to Loretta, may Jim rest in peace in Aroid heaven.
Susan

+More
From: ju-bo at msn.com (ju-bo at msn.com) on 2008.05.26 at 14:14:44(17627)
----------------------------------------
> Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 14:28:38 -0700
> From: honeybunny442 at yahoo.com
> To: aroid-l at gizmoworks.com
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] "Jim" Enck has passed.

Thanks, Susan.
I will really miss old Jim.
If anyone ''out there'' who knew Jim would like to send a card to Loretta, her home address is--
Loretta Enck,
709 Beech Road,
West Palm Beach,
FL 33409-6111.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.