IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Philodendron stenolobum/williamsii web pages
From: ju-bo at msn.com (ju-bo at msn.com) on 2008.07.04 at 17:31:56(18070)
> > Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:54:55 -0700
> > From: kalim1998 at yahoo.com
> > To: aroid-l at gizmoworks.com
> > Subject: [Aroid-l] Unknown Meconostigma: Philodendron williamsii?

OOOPs!!! I meant to add that both species are well covered on web pages done by Steve Lucas, Exoticrainforest.com.
Everything (or most) of what you wanted to learn about these and other aroids are contained in his excellent pages! Enjoy!

Julius

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.07.05 at 20:22:17(18085)
Thanks Julius. Here is a link to each page: http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20stenolobum%20pc.html
http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20williamsii%20pc.html

Hopefully this will make the discussion you, Tom and I had easier to find.

Steve

+More
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.07.07 at 01:44:02(18093)
Dear Steve and the Meconostigma squad,

Aloha.

In southern Bahia, I visited an area south of Ilheus and Salvador that had a Meconostigma similar to Philodendron williamsii and Philodendron stenolobum...but at the time, I did not know enough about Meconostigma to comment on much. We also saw a strange epiphytic Philodendron subgenus Philodendron that I thought was different...it looked like a large Philodendron insigne, but did not form a rosette habit...it also was not Philodendron linnae...being much larger.

This forest was quite beautiful and intact...being a constantly wet, not semi-deciduous type of forest. This southern Bahia and northern Espirito Santo forest ecotype has affinities to the Amazonian flora. I may have mentioned this to you earlier.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.