IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Intra-what--Structures on Mecon. Philo.'s rhizome
From: ju-bo at msn.com (ju-bo at msn.com) on 2008.07.14 at 10:07:44(18141)
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:22:00 +0000
> From: bonaventure at optonline.net
> To: aroid-l at gizmoworks.com
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] My Story: How I Became a Meconostigma Nut

>Intra-WHAT!?<

+More
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.07.15 at 01:18:34(18151)
Dear all,

Aloha.

I am sometimes guilty of assuming people understand the terms that are thrown about. I use intravaginal stipules and intravaginal squamules interchangeably...but the term squamule means small scale and when it comes to Philodendron mello-barretoanum...these structures are significant. A taxononmist with the latest set of rules may be able to comment on this.

As far as medical afflictions go...there is a real danger of being cut badly by this species...which has sharp triangular intravaginal squamules that are floral dragon's teeth. They are about a half and inch long and very stout and stiff in my clone.

I should have also described these serpentine stems of Philodendron mello-barretoanum as vegetative anacondas versus pythons...since we are talking the Neotropics here. Julius, I was certain you would have picked up on this herpetological faux pas. I am glad to self-correct myself. Please excuse my foray into dragon fantasia. Julius,if the forum doesn't already know...is an amazing amateur herpetologist....among other things. Just do not annoy him at work.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
From: bonaventure at optonline.net (bonaventure at optonline.net) on 2008.07.15 at 15:29:34(18160)
Thanks Julius,

Yes I'm very afraid now. All the STD's going around and now I've got to be on the lookut for WHAT? It sounds like the urban legend.

Aroids are so Freudian. Slightly OT but reminds me of the image of Aristolochia ridicula I googled.

Bonaventure

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.