IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Philodendron x evansii - Origins in 1952
From: kalim1998 at yahoo.com (a san juan) on 2008.07.29 at 20:24:06(18288)
My short quest for the origins of P. x evansii is over. I found the original catalog that introduced this hybrid.

http://www.blueboard.com/pahatan/rencana/p_x_evansii_origins.htm
-------------- next part --------------

+More
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.07.30 at 19:56:59(18296)
Dear Arlan,

Aloha. Another good read...I enjoyed the last edit. Great investigative work. Glad you included your references and used footnotes.

Harry Luther passed along a booklet written by Woodward Radcliffe and published by TFH Publications,1961, called,PHILODENDRON...IN THE GARDEN.

It has mistakes in identifications, but mentions Philodendron jungle gardens, Philodendron sao paulo, Philodendron ballengerii, and Philodendron lundi-selloum....all Meconostigmas in the bippinatifidum complex...all invalid names...but maybe you can find out esoteric information on these for historic purposes?

Aloha,

Leland

+More
From: hluther at selby.org (Harry Luther) on 2008.08.06 at 23:34:15(18343)
One small correction: we got our PxEvansii from Oak Glen Nursery in the miami area. HEL

-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-bounces at gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces at gizmoworks.com]On Behalf Of a san juan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.