IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Philodendron-ID
From: gartenbaureisenberger at web.de (Helmut Reisenberger) on 2008.08.02 at 17:01:28(18311)
Dear All!

I would need some help, identifiying this Philodendron. Sofar I only have seen "burgundy" red lookalikes with different cultivar names. I never saw the all green version. Can anybody help???

Thank You very much indeed!

Helmut

+More
From: chammer at cfl.rr.com (Bluesea) on 2008.08.03 at 00:53:17(18320)
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.gizmoworks.com/mailman/private/aroid-l/attachments/20080802/2d431d50/attachment.htm

From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.08.03 at 18:25:36(18324)
Dear Helmut,

Aloha.

In the past I have seen this form of Philodendron hybrid sold under the name Philodendron 'Pluto'....I really know nothing of the origins or parentage.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
From: denis at skg.com (Denis) on 2008.08.04 at 14:40:57(18325)
Looks like Philodendron 'Pluto'. A hybrid cultivar that produced via
Tissue culture for the potted foliage industry in the late 1980's. It
was supposed to be semi self heading with a nice rosette of leaves but
it ended up as semi vining and always climbing out of the pot and very
cold tender for a Philo.. It is no longer in production but it is still
out there as propagations from collectors. There were also attempts at
producing a red colored form called 'Red Venus', but it also is not
around in the foliage industry any longer.....

Denis

+More
From: chammer at cfl.rr.com (Bluesea) on 2008.08.06 at 15:22:04(18339)
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.gizmoworks.com/mailman/private/aroid-l/attachments/20080806/1f9eb14d/attachment.htm

From: gartenbaureisenberger at web.de (Helmut Reisenberger) on 2008.08.12 at 09:56:08(18370)
Hi and thank you Russ, thank you Leland for your contribution.

So far I do know "Red Empress", they only grow to limited dimensions. In my case the plants, which already had allowed me to make a few cuttings, develop leaves up to 70+ cm. The leaves are all in a beautiful "smaragd" green, even grown in full light. If "Red Empress" and "Pluto" are hybrids, I would be extremely interested in the parentage. Maybe there is somebody, who knows.....

Best regards
Helmut

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.