IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Digitate aroid
From: Michael Benedito <jindegales at yahoo.co.uk> on 2009.01.02 at 10:09:21(18832)
Greetings!

I just got a new excting climbing aroid from a plant shop. The only thing that was written on the tag was: "Fool the police". Because the leaves of this aroid highly reminds the shape of a Cannabis leaf. In my opinion it is highly unusual to see these kind of leaves on aroids, so i guess it would be easy to ID this plant? It had already flowered twice when i go it, and by the type of flower(that is insignificant), i would say its an anthurium, but cant be sure... an anthurium with cannabis leaves and climbing habit like a scindapsus? Well that's really odd!

Thanks for any help!
Michael

+More
From: "Harry Luther" <hluther at selby.org> on 2009.01.02 at 17:36:01(18833)
Try Anthurium polystichum. HEL

-----Original Message-----

+More
From: "Famille FERRY" <jpcferry2 at wanadoo.fr> on 2009.01.02 at 17:47:41(18834)
Hello ,

I think it's : Anthurium polyschistum

Geneviève Ferry

+More
From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2009.01.02 at 17:55:13(18835)
Dear Michael:

Surely it is Anthurium polyschistum R. E. Schultes. It was
curious that Schultes was a big native drug researcher. I wonder if he
collected this thing for other reasons.

Tom

+More
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2009.01.02 at 18:08:21(18836)
Michael, would you be kind enough topost a photo? If possible show the vine and if you have a photo of theinflorescence that will really help.

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.01.03 at 00:17:11(18838)
That's the species I thought as wellHarry. You can see a photo here:

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20polyschistum%20pc.html

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

From: "Harry Luther" <hluther at selby.org> on 2009.01.03 at 19:21:41(18849)
My mistarake: Anthurium polyschistum. I remember something in a trade magazine making the pot conhnection. HEL

-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]On Behalf Of ExoticRainforest

HTML

+More

From: Michael Benedito <jindegales at yahoo.co.uk> on 2009.01.04 at 10:10:32(18853)
Thanks all for the ID. Yes it only can be Anthurium polyschistum.
I am happy that we can finally start finding interesting species in the most common plant market :)

Michael

+More
From: bonaventure at optonline.net on 2009.01.05 at 19:37:13(18867)
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.