IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Amorphophallus dry spots on leaves
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.08.09 at 20:56:41(19674)
There is a gentleman attempting tolearn why his Amorphophallus titanum is producing dry spots onthe leaves. I grow the plant but haven't seen this problem. I did asearch on the achieves and found nothing. Is this related tohumidity? Dry soil?

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

From: "Weaver, Bill" <bill.weaver at hp.com> on 2009.08.10 at 08:15:19(19679)
I have seen this trying to grow titanum outdoors in a low homidity area.

The edges of the leaves got brown and crispy. It stopped when I put the

plant into a humid greenhouse.

From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of ExoticRainforest
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus dry spots on leaves

There is a gentleman attempting to learn why his Amorphophallus titanum is producing dry spots on the leaves. I grow the plant but haven't seen this problem. I did a search on the achieves and found nothing. Is this related to humidity? Dry soil?

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

From: Theodore Held <oppenhauser2001 at gmail.com> on 2009.08.10 at 19:26:37(19685)
Steve,

It would help if we had a more precise description of his dry spots.
Here are some questions:

1. Are there other aroids nearby and, if so, do they also have dry spots?
2. Is a dry spot dead, meaning fragile and crispy in texture?
3. Are we speaking, on the other hand, of dried salts on leaves that
are not rinsed away with watering?
4. Are the dry spots yellowed? Brown?
5. Is your gentleman an otherwise good plantsman?

Ted Held.

+More
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.08.11 at 12:13:23(19693)
I'll send a note and ask Ted!

Thanks!

Steve

HTML

+More

From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.08.11 at 12:25:56(19694)
Thanks Bill. Humidity was my guessbut I don't have a great deal of experience with this species.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.