IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Cercestis mirabilis
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.09.07 at 06:50:45(19953)
Does anyone on this forum havephotos of Cercestis mirabilis in the fully adult form?

I'm trying to locate photos of the species taken in Africa along withthe habitat, inflorescence and a close-up of a fully adult blade. I'vehad a page on my site since early 2006 but would like to be able toillustrate the differences in the juvenile and adult forms of thisaroid. I know many collectors grow it but it changes shapesdramatically as it morphs into the adult form.

You can see what I have here:

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Cercestes%20miribalis%20pc.html

If you have any of the photos requested please drop me a note:

Steve@ExoticRainforest.com

Thanks!

Steve

HTML

+More

From: RAYMOMATTLA at cs.com on 2009.09.08 at 02:23:02(19963)
Steve, I think Brian W. has grown it to adulthood.

Thanks,
Michael Mattlage

HTML

+More

From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.09.08 at 22:24:41(19970)
Brian just sent a photo but it toois a juvenile. The adult leaves are really strange and are divided tothe midrib. I've put some black and white photos on the page but so farnothing in color.

Steve

HTML

+More

From: RAYMOMATTLA at cs.com on 2009.09.10 at 03:26:09(19985)
Strangely enough I just looked at my Cerestis mirabilis and one of the newer leaves that I had not noticed is starting to get...perforations for lack of a better word. Not quite the adult phase but getting there.

Thanks,

HTML

+More

From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2009.09.11 at 01:16:29(19993)
Send photos!!!!

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.