IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

FORCED AMORPHOHPALLUS DORMANCY?
From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2009.09.11 at 23:16:05(20007)
Any body know how to force dormancy? I have several spp including cirrifer that gave me flowers then promply decided not to grow a leaf. Another one I kept breaking the leaf off and it would take so long to start growing a new one that there is not enough grow time lef in the season. Now those ones that flowered are starting to grow buds. I need them to stay asleep until next season. any ideas?

I refuse to participate in the in the recession.

--- On Fri, 9/11/09, ju-bo@msn.com wrote:

HTML

+More

From: "Daniel Devor" <plantguy at zoominternet.net> on 2009.09.12 at 20:57:50(20012)
Ah yes, the reason I quite growing most Amorphs....they have their schedule, I have mine and mine is about 4 months long plus some time under lights......flowering and then growing a leaf in fall became routine, wanting to start growing in the fall was too routine so out they went!! At least with the Dracontium I know they are going to be nearly evergreen (like titanum) so I am ready for it with my small collection of them. Besides, Dracontium are way better looking :o)

Good growing through the winter everyone,

Dan

HTML

+More

From: Ken Mosher <ken at spatulacity.com> on 2009.09.12 at 21:52:38(20016)
Sorry, Erin, I think you're stuck growing those plants out-of-season.
Once they want to grow it's best to let them grow.
-Ken

+More
From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2009.09.13 at 22:54:32(20020)
The reason I ask if because I do not believe I can provide the proper conditions for them. They are sure to die here. While my green house wont freeze during the winter, that is ALL it will be doing "not freezing" I cannot afford to heat it. Perhaps refrigerating them would work?

--- On Sat, 9/12/09, Ken Mosher wrote:

HTML

+More

From: George Yao <geoyao at gmail.com> on 2009.09.14 at 07:18:00(20023)
Vincent,

Have you tried gradually reducing watering till the roots and leaf dry out?

George Yao

HTML

+More

From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2009.09.15 at 06:56:38(20029)
There are no roots or leaves, just a tuber that is just now deciding to grow. they are sprouting buds.

--- On Mon, 9/14/09, George Yao wrote:

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.