IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

MidAmerica meeting in St. Louis
From: Zach DuFran <zdufran at wdtinc.com> on 2010.01.20 at 16:18:58(20503)
The 2nd meeting of the MidAmerica IAS chapter hasbeen scheduled for April 24 at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Thefull-day event will be hosted by Dr. Tom Croat, including scientific talks, gardentours, a plant and cuttings swap and practical growing advice. Thetentative schedule has been posted to the website (www.aroid.org/midamerica), and isincluded here below. The only cost will be admission to the botanicalgardens, which is posted on their website (www.mobot.org).

Members and non-members are invited to attend half or thefull day of events. This is an event you don’t want to miss. If you are within driving distance, or if you would like to fly in and spendsome time in St. Louis,we would love to have you join us.

As Dr. Croat is making arrangements for space andrefreshments, we would appreciate RSVPs for those that would like to attend. Pleaseemail me, if you would like to attend or be kept updated about the meeting.

Thanks!

Zach DuFran

HTML

+More

From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2010.01.21 at 02:32:40(20505)
For those that have aroidcollections with plants you haven't been able to ID you will love theLucid segment of this program. Lucid is a program available on CATEAraceae to plant lovers that helps you to key out plants. If you canmeasure and count the characteristics of a plant you can at least getclose to an ID with Lucid! Dr. Croat introduced the program to me inDecember and I'm having fun playing with it!

We're also planning to have dinner together for all that want to stayafter the meeting! Unless you attend the September show in Miami youwon't find an aroid show like it, at least not in mid America!

Please join us!

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.