IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

cyrtosperma and Urospatha
From: Scott Radford <s.rad4d at ymail.com> on 2010.04.18 at 18:29:56(20866)
I would be really grateful for any help on obtaining the Cyrtosperma genus to add to my
collection. I realise they will possibly be able to go outdoors here in
only the peak of summer but Cyrtosperma chamissonis (the
giant swamp taro) is quite simply a breathtaking plant for any water
garden - yet all I can find are pictures of them on a farm in the far
east and wish I had that plant!!Cyrtosperma johnstonii and C. merkusii seem to be more
commercially available and I have found them on a thai nursery site
that could possibly export those plants to me here - but so far I have
been unable to get any joy from them.

Also I am intrested in Urospatha, having come across it on this site - U.grandis and U.sagittifolia

It is totally impossible to obtain these plants from anywhere in the UK, so does any of my fellow aroid enthusiasts on this site know of anyone or anywhere that would be able to send me seeds/rhizomes of any of these plants so as I am able to minimise the cost to get them to me in the UK? any help would be greatly appreciated

+More
From: Scott Radford <s.rad4d at ymail.com> on 2010.04.18 at 18:29:56(20867)
I would be really grateful for any help on obtaining the Cyrtosperma genus to add to my
collection. I realise they will possibly be able to go outdoors here in
only the peak of summer but Cyrtosperma chamissonis (the
giant swamp taro) is quite simply a breathtaking plant for any water
garden - yet all I can find are pictures of them on a farm in the far
east and wish I had that plant!!Cyrtosperma johnstonii and C. merkusii seem to be more
commercially available and I have found them on a thai nursery site
that could possibly export those plants to me here - but so far I have
been unable to get any joy from them.

Also I am intrested in Urospatha, having come across it on this site - U.grandis and U.sagittifolia

It is totally impossible to obtain these plants from anywhere in the UK, so does any of my fellow aroid enthusiasts on this site know of anyone or anywhere that would be able to send me seeds/rhizomes of any of these plants so as I am able to minimise the cost to get them to me in the UK? any help would be greatly appreciated

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.