IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Amorphophallus hirtus
From: "C.W. Lin" <biformis at gmail.com> on 2010.06.30 at 01:42:27(21153)
Hi all,

Amorphophallus hirtus is a rare species and Endemic in Taiwan, ...
We did not expect that it will be blossom so quickly! This is just a small plant and tubers about 10cm ...
When it is full mature ... that inflorescence height (including stem) will over 280cm! Very wonderful,

To see those photo link take from my friend ... I'll be home this week ... maybe I will see a opened up too :).

Cheers,

Wei

HTML

+More

From: =?iso-8859-1?B?ZGF2aWQgYnL2ZGVyYmF1ZXI=?= <david_dav44 at hotmail.com> on 2010.07.09 at 05:33:44(21169)
Hello,

Very beautiful pictures!!!

Do you maybe also have Colocasia formosana or Colocasia konishii? I don't know any source who grows the Taiwanese Colocasias...I'm working on pollination biology of Colocasia and am interested in all species.

Yours,
David

HTML

+More

From: "C.W. Lin" <biformis at gmail.com> on 2010.07.15 at 00:30:53(21196)
Hi David,

We believe that C. formosana and C. konishii is the same species (syn.), I have growing it in My greenhouse.
And it is very cute ~ have a velvet and slight vein on the leaves (if there is a Intermediary-cool temperature)

What country you in?

Cheers,

Wei

HTML

+More

From: =?iso-8859-1?B?ZGF2aWQgYnL2ZGVyYmF1ZXI=?= <david_dav44 at hotmail.com> on 2010.07.17 at 10:55:00(21203)
Dear Wei,

I'm working at the university of Vienna, Austria.
Would it be possible to get an inflorescence in alcohol and maybe some silica-dried leaves?

You can write to my email: david.broederbauer@univie..ac.at

Yours,
David

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.