IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Aroid calendar
From: Zach DuFran <zdufran at wdtinc.com> on 2010.11.17 at 23:10:08(21652)
Aroid lovers-

I am considering producing an annual aroid calendar which would be available for purchase through the IAS as a fundraiser. The calendar would feature one high quality aroid
picture each month, along with a detailed caption. Photos would be submitted by members of the IAS.

I would like to know how many people would be interesting in purchasing a calendar (no commitment at all), if this was available sometime in the future. If there is enough
interest I will begin working on a 2012 calendar, to be available next fall.

Please let me know personally if you would be interested (zdufran@wdtinc.com).

Thanks!

Zach DuFran

HTML

+More

From: michael kolaczewski <mjkolaffhbc at sbcglobal.net> on 2010.11.19 at 06:17:19(21653)
Zach,

This is a most excellent idea....

Put me down for one right away...

Michael Kolaczewski

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at googlemail.com> on 2010.11.19 at 06:47:33(21654)
Hi Zach,

Most definitely.

Peter

HTML

+More

From: santoury at aol.com on 2010.11.19 at 15:02:00(21656)
I'm in!

It would be much more appealing, to me, if each month represented a different genus.

Close-up's of flowers don't do anything for me. It's the plant that turns me on.

So, maybe a full size photo of the plant / leaf/leaves, and maybe a small insert, of a flower, and maybe another showing a berry cluster, which is often colorful ?

Great idea!!!

HTML

+More

From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2010.11.20 at 05:42:21(21657)
Dear Zach: Count me in for the purchase
of one or possibly two such calendars.

Tom

HTML

+More

From: Brian Williams <pugturd at windstream.net> on 2010.11.21 at 18:08:42(21658)
Would be interested in a calendar maybe 2. Would donate pictures if
wanted.
From: Susan B <honeybunny442 at yahoo.com> on 2010.11.21 at 19:20:31(21659)
I belong to a dog rescue organization (Anatolian Shepherd Dog), we also do a calendar as a fund raiser each year.

What I might suggest is what we do with the dog calendar, that is, people send in photos of their plants, and then buy the calendar in hopes of seeing their plants immortalized. It's quite an honor to have your photo chosen, something to brag about!

.... just a suggestion Zach, I think the calendar is a great idea, good for you!
Susan B

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.