IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Appreciation of Taylor's Article.
From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973 at wp.pl> on 2010.12.29 at 21:31:23(21702)
Dear All,

I am very impressed reading Taylor Holzer's article. Thanks to today's media we can broaden our horizons

independently if we are 15 or 85 years. I began collecting aroids when I was 23, and my first

photos were published in a national gardening magazine when I was about 27. I can only imagine

what a difficulty was to obtain plants in times of Linnaeus or Schott, without telephones, airplanes and even photos.

Even in the late 1990s I was exchanging plants with other enthusiasts through announcements in

the garden press and writing paper letters to botanic gardens. Now seeing so many aroids on auctions

we must think what to choose. It doesn't matter if we are young or old, poor or rich, professionals or amateurs,

everyday we discover something new in the aroid world (for example that a leaf of Nephthytis changes shape with age).

Happy New Year to Everyone (who celebrates)

Marek Argent

HTML

+More

From: "Steve Lucas/Exotic Rainforest.com" <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2010.12.29 at 22:37:40(21705)
Thanks Marek! The work you do on your site has
been helpful to me for years and I want to encourage Taylor and
many other young growers just like him to participate in this
forum as well as offer what they have learned to the rest of us
through IAS media including the IAS Newsletter and Aroideana.

Taylor has been a friend and one of my personal "projects" for
over two years now and I am convinced he will meet his goal and
become an aroid botanist. We need collectively urge other young
growers to do the same!

Keep up your work Marek!

Steve

HTML

+More

From: Taylor Holzer <taylorholzer at yahoo.com> on 2011.01.04 at 00:18:42(21707)
Thanks for the great comments,
I really appreciate it.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.