IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Am. Titanum leaf question.
From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2011.05.06 at 18:39:10(22042)
I have an am.Titanum that is growing a new leaf. The odd thing is that the old leaf is still on it and it look fine. There is no indication that the old leaf will be falling off. My question is; Is this very common? Has anybody seen this before?

At one time I had approximately 70 am.Titanum in my possession and Ive never seen this. But then again, I was selling them so I didnt have them for long.

I refuse to participate in the recession,
Erin Vincent Morano

HTML

+More

From: Derek Powazek <fraying at gmail.com> on 2011.05.10 at 21:35:26(22047)
This may be old hat to many of you, but it's exciting to me. My Alocasia odora produced berries for the first time! I washed them, gave them a brief soak, and then planted them in three different media: a seed starting mix, Vermiculite, and coir. They're now all covered, on a heat mat, under lights. Photos here:

http://plantgasm.com/archives/4224

If you've done this before, I'd welcome any tips. Any guesses on which media will be most successful? When should I see sprouts? Any danger signs to look out for? What's worked for you?

Thanks,

-- Derek

HTML

+More

From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2011.05.11 at 15:49:20(22050)
thanks for the info Bernhard ! The plant is about 1.5 feet tall and the tuber is probably a little bigger then a baseball or tennis ball

I refuse to participate in the recession,
Erin Vincent Morano

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.